Position: Warehouse Associate
Luxe Home Interiors is a highly respected custom furniture and home décor business in Victoria. We are actively seeking to fill a part-time/casual warehouse associate position prior to November 15, 2016. In general, the hours of this position will be Thursdays and Fridays from 7 am to 3 pm, however a flexible work schedule may be needed with the ability to occasionally work evenings and weekend hours.
Role Description and Responsibilities:
· Maintain a well-organized and clean warehouse environment
· Receive and inspect in-coming and out-going shipments
· Arrange for delivery of customer orders with our delivery companies
· Communicate delivery details with customers
· Have the ability to lift heavy objects and work at a sustained active pace
· Maintain an accurate warehouse inventory
· Assist with customer service issues including repairs
· Custodial services in the Luxe showroom – which will include: vacuuming, cleaning of the bathroom and kitchen and other duties as required
· Excellent organization skills and exemplary customer service and personal skills are required.
· Minimum grade twelve diploma
· Warehouse experience a valuable asset
· Strong oral and written English skills
· Self-motivated and detail-oriented
· Possess a strong work ethic and have the ability to work independently and in a team
Experience & Skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Excellent communication skills including email
· Ability to multi-task
· Valid BC Drivers license and abstract required.
Environmental Work Conditions:
In this position you are required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day. This is a physically demanding position requiring physical strength and agility. This includes but is not limited to unloading delivery trucks using a hand dolly and heavy lifting.
At Luxe Home Interiors We Believe:
· Your home should be your favourite place in the world.
· There is no substitute for quality, comfort and fine craftsmanship.
· Every life should be filled with art, beauty and inspiration.
· A passionate and a daring enthusiasm inspires us to explore new possibilities.
· Relationships begin with trust, laughter, a shared journey … and the odd glass of red wine.
· To be extraordinary we need to feel, think and act extraordinary
· We are strongest when lifting others to succeed – making a positive difference in the world.
If you believe what we believe and possess the qualifications outlined above please submit your resume in person to Dan Johannessen. Applications for this position will not be accepted by email.
Applications may be hand delivered to Dan at the Luxe Home Interiors warehouse at Dynamex, 450 Banga Place, Victoria, BC. (Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm)