Why Furniture Stores Are Experiencing Long Lead Times
If you’re following the news, you’ve undoubtedly heard about the events impacting the furniture industry over the last year. Longer lead/delivery times and increased prices are frequently capturing the headlines. Furniture stores all over the world are experiencing major disruptions, and Luxe Home Interiors is no exception. Prior to Covid-19, our delivery times were approximately 10 to 12 weeks. Today, our manufacturing partners are estimating 5 to 7 months for delivery.
The Current State of the Furniture Industry
Increased Demand: Everyone on the planet has been spending more time at home, and we’ve realized how important it is to have a home that’s comfortable, functional and our own personal oasis. Because we aren’t travelling, dining out, and enjoying other forms of entertainment, we’re spending more money on home-related projects, renovations and new furniture.
Decreased Manufacturing Staff: Covid 19 has significantly impacted the furniture manufacturing provinces and states in Canada and United States. Illness, deaths, lockdowns, and strict social distancing protocols have reduced the number of staff available to construct furniture.
Foam Shortages: The ice storm in Texas this winter shut down several petrochemical plants responsible for manufacturing most of the foam used in the North American furniture and automotive industries. It’s taking several months to clear the backlog in the increased demand for foam.
Supply Chain Delays: Although most of our furniture at Luxe is manufactured in Canada and the United States, our manufacturers obtain fabrics and metals from countries like India, Vietnam and China, which have all been hugely impacted by Covid-19.
Price Increases: The numerous impacts on manufacturing have increased the cost of manufacturing, which increases the retail price of goods. At Luxe, we only partner with quality, ethical manufacturers who do best to keep price increases fair and as low as possible. Recently, the Canadian Government applied tariffs on upholstered furniture manufactured in China and Vietnam, doubling or tripling the cost of furniture made in these countries. Fortunately, at Luxe Home Interiors, our custom upholstery is manufactured in Canada and United States, which is not affected by these tariffs.
What Can Luxe Do?
- Continue to communicate realistic expectations regarding delivery times.
- Continue to maintain close communication with our manufacturers regarding any potential delays or shortages.
- get newly received furniture to you as quickly as possible while still adhering to our high-quality control standards.
- Try to limit price increases as much as possible.
- Continue to search for quality Canadian manufacturing partners, thereby keeping the construction and transport of furniture within our borders. This both strengthens our manufacturing industry and reduces the carbon footprint to transport your goods.
What Can You Do?
- Order your furniture well ahead of the time you think you may need/want it.
- Be Patient. Covid-19 has reminded us all of the importance of our health, friends, and families. Your furniture order is important, and we promise you’ll receive it once it arrives. In the meantime, enjoy your home, your health, and the ones you love.
- Keep in touch with the Luxe team for updates if needed.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or phone us at 250 386 7632.